Shine Competition 2013 - No Production No Refund

Walnut Creek, California 0 comments

Shine productions showed up in my city and we took our kids to audition.They said that they made it and gave us the cost.

We met with them the following day where they explained everything and what was suppose to take place. We gave them only a $500 deposit because we were still leary and we wanted to get the class started and and see where our money was going before we paid in full. Production was suppose to start a couple of weeks later but we received a call stating that the production had to be put off and we were given a different date. Then several more weeks past and we got another phone call.

This phone call stated that there was not enough people to do the production. We were given instruction on how to request a refund which we followed.

A month has past and still no refund.Now no one is answering phone calls nor is they calling back.

Review about: Entertainment Shows.

Shine Competition 2013 - Same JRP Scam .... Different Name!

Jeff Sievers who used to work for JRP and i-POP but was FIRED for getting so many complaints has now opened his own scam called Shine Competition 2013

The most disgusting part of all of this is that he is using his DEAD daughter as a selling tool!

They lure kids to the phone with phony radio ads like this: "Hey kids do you want to be on a a TV show with a top star from Nick or Disney text "Shine" to ..... limited to the first 200 callers!"

Then they want over $2000.00 for acting classes taught by completely sub-par acting coaches.

I contacted some of the agents who they say endorse their product, and they had never even heard of SHINE!!!!

There is no contact and no official office. BUYER BEWARE

Comments

Please be aware Jeff Sievers is now swindling under a new company name I am a Star project aka kids got talent and the big show

Can you tell me when he was fired?There was a radio ad for IPOP coming up in Indiana on 4/25/14 and I'm curious as to who will be the "talent scouts" there?

Jeff and R.J.?:?

#720658

I am an agent who scouted for Jeff Siever's showcase.........total scam!!

Charleston, South Carolina, United States #653383

I TOO WAS SCAM BY THIS COMPANY..HEARD THE ADVERTISEMENT ON MY LOCAL RADIO STATION.

TOOK MY 2 GIRLS TO THE TRY OUT GOT A CALL BACK.

THEY WERE ASKING FOR 950.00 DOLLARS I ONLY HAD 500.00 TO GIVE I WAS SUPPOSE TO PAY THE OTHER 450.00 BY MAY 19TH BUT RERECIEVED AN EMAIL SAYING THAT THE PRODUCTION WAS CANCEL NOT ONLY DID THIS COMPANY TOYED WITHMY CHILDREN DREAMS AND EMOTIONS BUT IM A SINGLE MOM AND WANTED TO SUPPORT MY KIDS NOW IM OUT 500.00 DOLLARS LORD HAVE MERCY!!!!OO BY THE WAY THE COMPANY NAME IS 2BF PRODUCTIONS

First of all i am one of the kids going there and it is going perfect.I think the negative stuff needs to stop cause..

God forgive me for saying dis but... why the crape r yall crakeheads saying keen things... I JUST TURNED 12 IN MAY 6 ,YALL NEGATIVE *** CRAKE HEADS NEED TO STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The business is going GREAT by the way, so i call negetive people like the ones who say that they r a scam HEATERS CAUSE YALL DON'T GOT THE MONEY OR DID NOT MAKE IT.

AND THE PRICES R: Workshop 475/ Performer 1 1,900/ Performer 2 2,900/ Career Performer 5,000. Workshop is when u good to make it but to get better u must take notes. Performer 1 is when u do one of your talents to perf :grin orm for the show case on June 8. Performer 2 is when u do 2 of ur talents and Career Performer is when u do all of ur talents, most people has more than 1 or 2 talents its just they don't have 5,000 dollars so that do 1 or 2 if not workshop.

Im in Performer 2 but i have more :) than 1, 2 or 3 talents so when i become famous i will do all my talents so ...i call negatives heaters.

PS.I BEEZ IN THE TRAP :grin

John_2013
Woodbine Racetrack, Ontario, Canada #628512

To whoever is posting these negative comments:

Every time something is posted here, the fingers point at me, and I am sick and tired of it.

If you have a REAL concern please don't post anonymously. If you were to leave your contact information, these fine people could help you resolve whatever issue you may have.

I have worked with these people personally and have nothing but positive things to say. Please understand that these posts have a wide spread effect. They are now impacting me and most concerning is how it is complicating relationships within this family. Please make an effort to communicate with them, otherwise these comments just look completely unfounded.

I am sure Shine will continue to grow and help kids achieve their goals.

to John_2013 #1128996

You're a scammer too

My daughter has performed in a Shine Competition event and it was a positive experience for our family. It was clear to see how much time and effort went into putting the event together.

We had the pleasure of working with a wonderful director who taught the kids so much in the last several weeks. Yes, it was an investment on our part, but it's also an investment on those behind the production. This was even more apparent after completing the entire process. The package fees that Shine has available are very reasonable in regards to what my family got out of the experience.

A note to the other parents posting here:

In my opinion, a "scam" is when you are intentionally mislead in to believing something that is not true. I did not have this experience with Shine. It was very clear from the beginning of the audition what they were offering. I think it's a little harsh to label it as a scam because no one was forcing anyone to sign up for anything. They presented their services and the experience you could have, and then explained the fees to participate. Pretty cut and dry.

ParentsWatchGroup
to SatisfiedCustomer #1070216

They use deceptive advertising practices and feed off the sensationalism of the industry and emotions of the child and parent love for the child. High pressure sales added to it.

How many success stories do they have where it benefited children? And why did this company fail?

We just went through one of these in Fort Myers,FL.Beware of 2BF Produtcions "Shine / Star" Truly a scam SO glad I did some more research before I called back the man now going by "RJ" and his henchman that had high hopes for my daughter >: / Of course no eluding to the $$ to be spent during their luring radio ad nor when speaking on the phone with one of their "reps" You don't get the blow until after you or your sweet child put their heart out in whatever they're performing for these "talent scouts".

Then you get handed the package options starting at $1900 and ranging to $2900 and even $5700!!!Such a shame these people should be banned from radio or any advertising

to MadMom #1070228

they are at it again under a new name i am a star project aka kids got talent. And the Big Show.

If you think are you a victim of this trickery, please contact your local authorities and the FBI.

to Anonymous Harriman, Tennessee, United States #1183272

They Are In Knoxville,Tn. Calling their selves THE BIG SHOW...This Is Where You Can Find Him At The Crown Plaza Hotel..In The Tennessee Ballroom Holding Auditions

Melbourne, Florida, United States #622078

I went to such an "audition" two weeks ago in Miami, FL at the Double Tree Hotel, with Jeff Sievers in attendance. He introduced himself only as JR Sievers and handed people a black business card with just his name at the center on one side and his phone number at the other.

The girl who died of cancer was his grand-daughter and, yes, it was pretty pathetic to see to the extent they played up on people's emotions. They played a video about "Shay" and showed all these celebrities like Justin Beiber and Selene Gomez saying encouraging words to her (while she was struggling to survive). Interestingly enough, we NEVER see Jeff or her dad anywhere with her in the shots, as if they weren't even close like that.

After the big hype, they divide the room and have people assigned to go to the different corners of the room where a "judge" is awaiting to see their talent and hear them recite their lines. This is where each parent is handed a 3-page form with those exaggerated prices. They tell people they should feel "lucky" to get a call back by the next day that they "made it", but the only ones who "make it" sadly enough are those who AGREE TO PAY!!!

I chose to show up on that call back appointment the following day with my 10 year old child, only to watch JR Sievers not even ask her to perform the lines they had given her to learn, but instead pay her a compliment and go right into "which package are you choosing", "how will you be paying today" and "how much money can you put down to secure her space in the program"? He wanted me to pay $3,000 for what would be 4 days (TWO WEEKENDS) of coaching on acting and modeling!!! And then, asked that I pay an extra $400 for a photoshoot.

They must not have gotten a good response at all from the 400 something people that attended the first day, as I went by the hotel last weekend and only saw some 12 kids in a room with one lady working with them. I asked one of the parents who came out of the room, looking frustrated and disappointed and she advised me that the kids stay in the room all day (9-6pm) and that there were no other coaches (like they promised) but that ONE lady training all the age categories on everything! And- to make matters worst- the parent said that the company have canceled their next two weekend days of training- Which means they have now paid all that money for just ONE WEEKEND of coaching!!!

And their BIG showcasing production that they presented as a musical with costumes, etc. that the kids who were selected would get to be a part of and perform to hundreds of industry agents and talent recruiters, is now only the kids performing their own little talent individually like some C-class talent show... WHAT A SHAME!

to Scam-PROOF #808562

Was scammed by JRP in 2012 and RJ was the person we worked with.Sad to see that he and Jeff are still playing on peoples' sympathy using Shayla to pull at their heartstrings, just to get their money.

Oh, and RJ told us he is an ordained minister. I'm not sure about Jeff. So, the money people pay for these so-called classes is tax-free at least for RJ.

The showcase is a total joke.

There might be one talent scout there, if they're lucky.

View more comments